This space contains the ramblings of a post young adult who's in denial..so be warned..i have not got around to updating the links on the left hand side, so also be warned, some of them will lead you to n o t h i n g..it's probably important to also clarify that i write for personal pleasure, thus, most posts are indulgent, whiny or both..happy reading :)

Friday, August 14, 2009

Shut Up and Drive

i like driving with the window down..i get to feel the wind on my face and in my hair..hear the sound of it and cars rushing by..air-conditioning usually gives me cold shivers and a dry feeling in my throat anyway..one problem about driving with the window down though, i can't hear the music on the radio..oh ya, and the air usually smells quite bad in malaysia..unless if it just rained..


but once i get on the highway, i guess i'll just blast my radio as loud as i need to..no one can hear me then anyway..


it's crazy how fast people drive on highways sometimes..i feel like an idiot when i'm driving to the speed limit..and everyone else will make me feel like i'm a useless slow-poke crowding the long stretch of bitumen and tar..eee..i get nervous when i'm speeding..


life is kinda like driving on a highway, kan..everyone is moving so fast..sometimes you don't know how fast you're going because you're pacing yourself with everyone else..it's so tiring.."people" in this context being "cars" just flash by..sometimes we follow sometimes we lead..


i think i'm experiencing a burn out..my engine's rusty from the long hauls..it seems i haven't been replacing my black oil as frequently as i should..the window's down, and the air is rushing in..adding to the weight as i still drive on ahead..everyone is moving so fast..everyone is passing by..the radiator is almost dry, and there's smoke bellowing from the hood..but i still can't stop, because my destination is still far away..and all these cars are passing me by..


it won't be too long before i catch on fire....then "boom" goes my engine?..

2 comments:

alia said...

are u still driving that jimny? oooohhh love! i dont drive here... i walk, and the air is amazing. i love sydney to pieces. but i miss my ride... wish i have it here with me. but even if i do, its always easier to walk or take the public transportation here...

Unknown said...

urgh, that's not fair..haha..from what i can remember, sydney is fantastic..i think ur rides cool too! heee..ooh, but sorry to dissappoint, me not driving the jimny anymore :( my mom gets nervous with me driving a manual..she's always nervous though..hehe..now am driving a vitara instead..less gaya..hahaha

Post a Comment