This space contains the ramblings of a post young adult who's in denial..so be warned..i have not got around to updating the links on the left hand side, so also be warned, some of them will lead you to n o t h i n g..it's probably important to also clarify that i write for personal pleasure, thus, most posts are indulgent, whiny or both..happy reading :)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Reflection


i decided to attend a wedding this afternoon, a friend's family member was getting married and she invited me quite nicely on facebook..so despite my mom questioning my reason for going, i decided to go anyway..

thing is, there was some history between me and this friend and it doesn't help that the group of other invited guests are mostly also not in my close circle of friends..this shouldn't be a problem, but i seem to have had developed some relationships in school that left a kind of bitter taste in the mouth..so, explains my mom's curiosity for me wanting to go all of a sudden..

honestly, i don't really know why i was so adamant..but i went anyway lah..

so i went with one of my closest friend, as she was invited as well..and as we entered the venue seeing my friend's parents and all, i gave myself a pat on the back as i still remembered how most of her family members look as the last i saw them were ages ago..haha..

ok, long story short..we salam-salam-ed, makan-makan, cakap-cakap, photo-photo and then said our goodbyes and left lah..

what i deduced from the whole evening was that i am honestly and utterly contented with my life right now and i am so thankful that i am way way from who i was in the past..

well, i am thankful for the opportunities that i was presented at school but i guess good company and just a simply "rich" and moderately blessed life is way happier and healthier..haha!..

i don't feel the need to impress or fulfill every single person around me anymore..and it reminds me that the few people i do really appreciate in life deserve a little TLC every now and then, just to remind them how special they are..i am also at peace with the fact that not all relationships were meant to bloom into beautiful roses that need protection, that the term acquaintance was created for a reason, and that sadly not everyone can be called a friend..so painful..but it's the bitter reality of things huh..i think i can learn to accept that.. :p

-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment